Tuesday, 6 April 2010
UK Electoin madness starts - How long 'til the World Cup?
- This is an election Gordon Brown does not want, he has held on until the (very) bitter end of a 5 year term.
- Neither does the 'Rotten' Parliament - so keen are the MP's not to do their jobs that over 50% will be replaced because they are not standing or will lose their seats.
- None of the future Chancellors wants the job either; How do I know this? Well given the massive woppers on public spending they all told at their recent debate; the truth is going to hurt when one of them gets the keys to No 11.
- Sam Cameron did not want this election either, she wanted to model herself on Dennis Thatcher.
- Alistair Darling does not want this election for another reason, that being Gordon Brown is going to sack him if he wins.
- Many Tories don't want this election because they want Labour to have to clear up the mess they have made.
- Many in the Labour party don't want to win this election because they fear having to clean up the mess they have made.
- The Lib Dems don't want to win an election because then they may have to have a policy they stick to nationally and that will be the end of them.
- Despite what people say, the markets don't want this election either, they have allowed the UK to suspend disbelief over the frailties of its finances; a decisive new Government is not going to get an easy ride.
- The turnout for the election is likely to be low becuase of the Rotten Parliament ramifications. Votes for smaller parties will grow - yet the coverage in the media will be all about Brown and Cameron who will poll maybe only 2/3'rds of the votes.
So there you go, no one wants this election (betters at politicalbetting.com aside) - I say bring on the World Cup, at least 50% of the population is in favour of that!