The past seems to be getting further away.
- If Tony Blair was still PM he'd have been in power for 15 years.
- From the 65,000,000 military personnel of the 1914-1918 war there are 0 combat veterans still alive.
- Any surviving pilots from the battle of Britain will be a minimum of 90 years old.
- Margaret Thatcher has been out of office for double the 11 years that she held the office.
- The mobile phone company Vodafone is 27 years old.
- The BlackBerry smartphone is 9 years old.
- The widespread use of DVDs began 17 years ago
- Pulp Fiction, the classic modern movie, is 18 years old.
- Eric Morecombe has been dead over ¼ of a century.
- My first car, a Lancia, hasn't even been made for 28 years.
- Britain has been a member of the EEC for 39 years.
- The revolutionary wide bodied 747 jumbo jet is now a 42 year old design
- The church of England should note that the sexual discrimination act is 37 years old.
- Star Wars was released 35 years ago.
On an unrelated note, I've just noticed I need reading glasses.