- Russians limbering up for the expected assault on Mariupol
- Cameron commits military 'advisers' to Ukraine*
- Ms Green the greenie publicly melts down into a puddle of green goo
- the FTSE 100 reaches a record high!
Seriously for a moment, I take all these items as grist to Crosby's mill. We know that there will be all manner of happenstance making the minnow-parties look stupid - only the SNP are moderately proof against this. Of course, Mili will take succour from any further green meltdown, but Cameron will take still more from the combination of war abroad and UKIP looking flaky at home. I think he's mad to engage in Ukraine: power-mad, that is. Proof of serious intent at a no-holds-barred elelction strategy. This is William Pitt stuff: you gotta admire a pure power-play.
* truth be told, UK military 'advisers' have been in Ukraine, on and off, for a number of years, much good it has done