Everyone else is looking backward; so for me the thing to do is to look ahead to the New Year and think about some of the events that will occur and how things may turn out. What do you think may be the key 'known unknown' events?
1. Gordon Brown will be Prime Minister
2. Tony Blair will resign from parliament and get a US based job.
3. There will not be a general election.
4. The FTSE will end lower than it has done this year (below 6200)
5. Menzies Campbell will be ousted as Lib Dem leader
6. Taxes will rise again in the UK
7. Hilary Clinton will lose support and no longer be the front runner for the Democrats in the US Presidential race
8. British troops will leave Iraq (most if not all)
9. Hamas will lose power in Palestine.
10. Two key UK political bloggers will start writing predominately for the MSM.
I look forward to saving this post and reviewing in December 2007.
Happy New Year All - Wishing you luck and happiness for 2007.