Friday 21 September 2007

Friday Night musings

I (CU) am very tired indeed after a hard week in a new job and still having a young kiddie who is not sleeping much.

t has been very busy too with a whole financial crisis taking place in a week. On reflection here are my thoughts:

- Brown has caused an almighty mess this week by nationalising the Northern Rock. For many reason which various super comments have made here, the reasons behind this make little economic sense.

They do though provide a rather nice little sunny patch for a few months; just enough for an election?

If you think about Darling and Brown sitting last weekend and panicking so much they wrecked the Bank of England's 10 year old reputation; they only did this because it was ruining their plans.

70% chance of an election this year, 20% next and 10% in 2009 by my reckoning.

Secondly, increasingly having been so critical of James Higham on various of his posts about a global compact led by CFR and Bildebergers' too cause a huge depression in 2009/10 - this now looks to be the economic situation we are facing. The governments of the West are buying current prosperity from the future at a record rate. Maybe I should agree with him more often.


Steven_L said...

I for one have lost confidence.

I am going to buy one of the older 2.7 bi-turbo Audi A4 cars instead.

bbrrrrrmrmm, bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm, mrrrrrrrrrr, grrrrrrrrrr

Sackerson said...

It's embarrassing, isn't it - there may actually be an international conspiracy, though probably the conspirators see themselves in quite different terms. I have said for a long time that we are watching the reconstruction of the aristocracy, but the roles and titles are different. Hereditary nonetheless.

Steven_L said...

Today all the new student totty arrives in Newcastle and guess who has a student card that doesn't expire until 2009!

Quick shower, shave and off to Newcastle students union for a few cups of coffee and a mingle with the new totty.

Who cares about the economy?

James Higham said...

Thanks for mentioning it but a couple of slight adjustments. The Bilderbergers and CFR are primarily concerned with political issues. The Fed, ECB and elements in the City are the ones ratcheting up the financial moves.

Strangely, I don't see there being any "conspiracy" - it's more a case of like-minded groups with similar objectives doing what comes naturally but they're certainly not at one with each other.

In fact they're at odds, jockeying for position in what is seen as an "all bets are off situation" once the crash comes. Greed knows no friendship.

However, they do independently recognize there's no profit in harmony and any businessman worth his salt would follow the main chance.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Ah, I hadn't connected B & D's behaviour with a coming election. You must, indeed, be worn out, C/U!

Steven_L said...

Northumbria university seem to have better totty than Newcastle uni this year.

I read in today's paper that around half of Northern Rocks shares got shorted recently.

If the big investment banks are happy to have them back after the hedge funds have had their fun surely NR is a good buy and hold at less than £2 a share?

Anonymous said...

@DR Holden: "Strangely, I don't see there being any "conspiracy" - it's more a case of like-minded groups with similar objectives doing what comes naturally but they're certainly not at one with each other."

Well Adam Smith had this to say:-

"People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices. It is impossible indeed to prevent such meetings, by any law which either could be executed, or would be consistent with liberty and justice. But though the law cannot hinder people of the same trade from sometimes assembling together, it ought to do nothing to facilitate such assemblies; much less to render them necessary."

Personally I have come to the conclusion that the same could be applied to politicians, senior police officers, media people and members of the judiciary.

James Higham said...

You may be right, Anon but why hide your light under a bushel like this?

Anonymous said...

情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 言情小說, 愛情小說, 色情A片, 情色論壇, 色情影片, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊美女, 視訊交友, ut聊天室, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, a片下載, av片, A漫, av dvd, av成人網, 聊天室, 成人論壇, 本土自拍, 自拍, A片, 愛情公寓, 情色, 舊情人, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 情色交友, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 色情遊戲, 情色視訊, 情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 色情a片, 一夜情, 辣妹視訊, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊, 視訊美女, 美女視訊, 視訊交友, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, 情人視訊網, 影音視訊聊天室, 視訊交友90739, 成人影片, 成人交友,

免費A片, 本土自拍, AV女優, 美女視訊, 情色交友, 免費AV, 色情網站, 辣妹視訊, 美女交友, 色情影片, 成人影片, 成人網站, A片,H漫, 18成人, 成人圖片, 成人漫畫, 情色網, 日本A片, 免費A片下載, 性愛, 成人交友, 嘟嘟成人網, 成人電影, 成人, 成人貼圖, 成人小說, 成人文章, 成人圖片區, 免費成人影片, 成人遊戲, 微風成人, 愛情公寓, 情色, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 做愛, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 寄情築園小遊戲, 色情遊戲, 情色視訊,