Tuesday, 29 December 2009
ND is first up
1 - natural gas prices to fall dramatically. Well see this - pretty spot on to say the least. Hope you put the short on!
2- CPS and HMRC to struggle - this is one that did not really happen.
3 - Obama to be tested by a series of events, well yes they did happen, but perhaps not on the scale of what may have been expected. Afghanistan and Climate Change not really distracting too massively form his domestic agenda.
4 - BHP to be in the news - well if you had followed and bought in, then you would have done well in this share this year, see here.
CU next, only 50/50 so far -
1. Oil as a massive investment opportunity with prices to end at over $50 and perhaps more. Home run.
2. US Dollar to fall dramatically, tick, China to allow Yuan to float, cross.
3. Gilts strike - well there was a minor one, but 2010 will see this prediction come to fruition.
4. UK inflation below 0% , well RPI has been for some time, but CPI never touched it in the end.
BQ, next - work to do as we are only just over .5
1. Hundreds of bankruptcies - well banks decided not to pull too many plugs although there were quite a few nonetheless, no more big names followed Woolies.
2. Public sector pay to cause problems and a rebellion over Royal Mail - tick to both, the former maybe not in strikes yet, but they are all in the pipeline.
3. Election speculation, but no election - yup,.theme of the year.
4. ITV to struggle - another big yes, huge problems there , so much so they have struggled even to find a new management team!
So overall, BQ wins with 3/4, CU gets 3/4 (qualified) and ND 2/4
8/12 - 66% - so we just keep our mark. Tomorrow I will look at what the commentators said....