Tuesday, 28 December 2010
How were the 2010 Predicitions?
1. FTSE to be up 10% , well just a small sell off would see me right here as I have it just shy of 6000 - pretty sure this will be on the money. Not only that, but the vast majority of commentators thought we would have a losing year.
2. EMED Mining to treble - Hands up a big miss on the share predictions it is about 0% up on the year. Only option is to double or quits on this one. The share, covered earlier here this month, should be set for a great 2011 (oh, dear repeating predictions hoping they come true, is very New Labour).
3. Oil Price to be stable; this is up quite a bit more than expected, at $90 thank to a Santa Rally. So can't claim this one!
4. UK Politics, only one prediction here; Nigel Farage to lose Buckingham, easy one.
5. Spending Cuts to cause social problems - This has come to pass too, strikes on the Transport network over minor job losses and student riots were definitely widespread disorder.
3/5 - typical!