This historic video was taken in 2019 at the height of the "Freezing Cold " war.
Hadrian's Wall was almost complete along the entire border with England.
In 2018, to prevent the continuing flight of North Britons to South Briton the Socialist-Nationalist government of the People's Democratic Republic of Scotland rebuilt the ancient wall across the border.
Most famously at Berwick-upon-Tweed, where redrawn border concessions had been agreed upon partition in 2017, and so put the city on the very border. The wall now cut across, and so divided the city, into Socialist and Capitalist halves.
The wall went across roads, railways, tramlines, electricity cables and water pipes. The wall extended right along the border. In some places being high concrete blocks in others barbed wire. But all along the frontier on the Northern side were searchlights, watchtowers, guard dogs and thousands of land mines.
Access across was severely restricted. There were a handful of checkpoints that citizens could cross at, notably Checkpoint Hamish. However those over the age of 65 were permitted to travel to the south as they were of no further service to the state. In practice this meant for 95% of the population of Scotland could leave.
A 'cold climate' war existed between England and Scotland for 7 years, until political pressure, chronic shortages, economic collapse led to the fall of Socialist-Nationalism in what is now the Northern Territory.
Largely forgotten today, but at one time tens of soldiers stood ready on both sides of the wall, preparing for the outbreak of war.
Notable incidents during the 'freezing cold war' :
June 2017 - The Shetland Airlift
August 2018 - Building of the Tartan Curtain
April 2018 - Start of the International Lace Race
July 2019 Formation of the Welshpool Pact
September 2020 - Socialist-Nationalist invasion of the Isle of Man
May 2023 The Kirkcaldy missile crisis
October 2024 Fall of the Gretna Wall
Notable books and films set during the very, very cold war.:
The guy who went up to the cold.
Letter to Holyrood
Our man in Horton Kirby
From Renfrew with love.
The Hunt for Red O'Donnell
The Bedsocks incident
Ice Station Musselburgh
Incidents at the wall
- Little Mix 'Freedom' concert causes riots on the north side of the wall as thousands gather.
- Pope declares Scottish Whiskey an 'evil' and tosses bottle of Glenfiddich over the wall into the Northern sector.
- During an international friendly at Wembley Stadium, Gordon Strachan and the Scottish Football team defect.
- Nigel Farage revealed as a Major in the First Chief Directorate of the SNP. Leader of the Dulwich College five, a group of double agents that also contained Daniel Hannan, Douglas Carswell, Theresa May and a fifth member who has never been identified. Nigel is granted asylum in Glasgow and promoted to colonel.
- Outbreak of the Vietlamb War - SNP directly funds and equips the Welsh Insurgency leading to civil war and reintroduction of conscription throughout England.
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson urges President Sturgeon to "erm..erm..oh golly..erm..tear down..this..erm..whassit-thingey..!"