- The Conservatives gain more than 560 seats, and control of 11 councils
- Labour loses more than 380 seats, and control of seven councils, including Glasgow
- The Liberal Democrats lose 41 seats
- UKIP loses 145 seats - every one it was defending so far, gaining a solitary seat from Labour in Lancashire
- Plaid Cymru gains 33 seats in Wales
- Conservatives win 'metro' mayor races in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Tees Valley, West of England and West Midlands, Labour wins Greater Manchester and Liverpool City
- A total of 4,851 council seats are up for grabs in 88 councils - all of those in Scotland and Wales and 34 in England
What should she do with her defeated opponents ? Invite them in to a Strong and Stable Brexit coalition ?