After last years frankly lame effort at predicitng, this year should be much easier should it not. First off all we don't have to worry about General Elections or whether the UK will leave the EU.
Also with the Corbyn terror seen off for a long time, gross mismanagement of the economy should be off the table...we hope!
So, with a slightly more normal year I am proposing a prediciton competition with a chance of some of us coming out with an above 50% hit rate on the questions...oh for the halycon days of 2011/12 where someone normally got 100% plus a bonus guess too. I look forward to a return to the past in this sense.
Here we go then:
1. What level will the FTSE end 2020 (this could be a bit risky if Boris somehow contrives a no deal disaster by the year end)?
2. Will we, as UK citizens, still have Freedom of movement within the EU for 2021+?
3. What percentage of electriciy will be on average generated by non-fossil fuels for the year?
4. What taxes will the new chancellor impose? Will there be any tax cuts in the March Budget?
5. Will China invade / occpuy Hong Kong fully?
One bonus guess allowed too?
Go for it people.